Friday, July 22, 2011

Hurdles, Hedges, and Hoops and How To Crash Through Them All One At a Time

     We're in the honeymoon phase.  We've been given a new mission, we've gotten over the shock, and now we're just being silly.  Doing things that don't need to be done now, but doing them anyway, just for fun.  Like dusting out our suitcases, picking out sheets and pillowcases, deciding which toys must be taken... Or reading up on English slang.  Watching Dr. Who and saying over and over again, "Look, I want to go there.  Did you see it?"

     What we must do, and we must start doing it now, is no fun at all.  Fundraising.  The word alone sets me all over with shivers.  I dread it.  But it has to be done, so I've set my teeth on finding ways for it to be fun because, after all, I'll be doing it for a solid flarking year and you, yes you, will all have to put up with it.

     My God is a God of miracles.  I don't say this lightly.  I've found several ways for my supportive community to help, and it doesn't cost money.  Hallelujah!  Did you hear that?  I said you don't have to give me money!

   Oh, I can't believe I just said that.  Give me a moment for the palpitations to subside.  A glass of water for Jemima!  Thank you.

    Now then, I'm a newbie at blogging.  I know next to nothing about HTML, or computers in general for that matter, but if I need to know something, or I need to know how to do something, I will figure it out.  Ask my mechanic.  Ask my plumber.  Ask my doctor.  Ask my mother!  So when I started putting this blog through it's paces, I discovered something.  You can put up ads on this thing.  And I get paid per 100 clickety-clacks of your little mice.   Or I get a commision if you buy something, but don't do that unless you were planning on buying it anyway.  So if you don't mind, once every seven days, could you clickety-clack through them?  All of them?  It's completely free and easy to do.  And the proceeds go to the Work.  You know what Work I do.

No comments: