Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Tap Taps: Ride Them, Love Them, Paint Them Wacky

     A lot of my regular readers actually know me.  They know how much I love Haiti, and some of them have actually been with me.  I have been really honored to serve in such a country.  The people of Haiti teach me so much about how to live.

     So lookey lookey at what I found!  I am so excited to find a book about one of my favorite things in Haiti- the tap tap!

    For those of you who don't know, a tap tap is a Haitian cross between a bus and a taxi.  It is usually a pick-up truck with an enclosed bed.  Two benches run the length of it, and you can cram a TON of people in one.  The reason they call it a tap tap?  To the best of my knowledge, you get into the back of one, and when you want to get off, you tap tap on the roof.  I love, love, love me some Haiti.

     I'm not giving a review on this book, because I just found it, but it is written by one of the same authors that wrote Four Feet, Two Sandals.  It should prove to be a special find for those of us who love Haiti and want to share it with the little ones in their world.

No comments: